turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

crhill35

I need to speak with live agent at irs

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

I need to talk to a live irs

@Mariavega20
Scroll up in the thread you posted to and read what it says there.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Swcreed

This is my information that we didn’t get copy of our return tax for my record for 2018 ... we sent you in the mail before April 15th...

til my bank ask for my 2018 tax return information and like I said  oh that’s right I totally forgot about this and I realized we never receive copy for 2018 return tax for record so can We have copy those please..

sonja creed 

email [email address removed] 

If you need a copy of your 2018 return, you print it out yourself.  No one sends it to you.

Every year, before mid-October, print a copy of your current year tax return and save it as a tax file and pdf, too.  That way you will have it when you need it for school, a loan, next year’s tax return, etc. without going through a lot of aggravation (and expense)  to get it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899645-how-do-i-save-my-2018-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1912544-how-do-i-save-my-2018-turbotax-online-return-as-a-pdf

PRINT RETURN   You need to print a copy of your return?  Sign in to your account using exactly the same account and user ID that you used to prepare your return.
On the bottom of the screen find Your tax returns & documents and click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I was sent an IP PIN number in the mail and it was lost during a move to New address mày I have 

Another number or retrieve the previous one because I'm trying to file electronically

@dsmith260 wrote:

I was sent an IP PIN number in the mail and it was lost during a move to New address mày I have 

Another number or retrieve the previous one because I'm trying to file electronically

Go to this IRS website for retrieving your IP PIN - https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

The IP PIN numbers are handled solely by the IRS. Please see this IRS webpage to see if you can recover it or get a new one.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was sent an ippin number in the mail and somehow came up lost and I'm trying to file electronically may I have another one may I retrieve the previous one I'm trying to file them ASAP

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

Please reread my and DoninGa's answer, and see the link Get an IP PIN . Use this link to try to retrieve it online...that is likely to be faster than trying to get someone to answer the phone at the IRS.

Farts2018

Hello is someone there

HarrisDF

After reviewing my 2019 taxes I made a mistake on one of defendants and this his has effected other issues (I.e stimulus)  How do I rectify this urgent issue. Thank you 

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

You need to file an amended return for 2019 and correct the information for your dependent. You may need to file an amended state return as well.

@HarrisDF

Soden1180

I need speak with someone

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies