How do I save my 2018 TurboTax Online return as a PDF?
We'll automatically save your 2018 online return in both PDF and tax data file (.tax) formats once you file your return or when TurboTax Online shuts down in mid-October, whichever comes first.
You also have the option of saving your return as a PDF before filing if you want to see how the underlying tax forms have been filled out. Here's how:
- Sign in and open (continue) your online return, if you're not already signed in.
- Select the Take Me to My Return button on the main screen. (If you're using the TurboTax mobile app you will not have this option. Please sign in on a computer and continue the following steps.)
- Select Tax Tools in the left menu.
- Select Print Center, choose Print, save, or preview this year's return and follow the instructions.
- If you haven't yet paid your TurboTax Online fee (or registered, if you're in a free version), you'll need to do so before you can save the PDF.
If you make changes to your return after saving your PDF, repeat these steps to ensure that your PDF file stays in-sync with your online data.
Tip: PDF files cannot be opened or read by TurboTax software, which means they cannot be used for amending or troubleshooting calculation issues. For this reason, we recommend that you also save your completed return as a tax data file.
Now that TurboTax Online 2017 has shut down for the season, you can download your saved PDF by signing in at TurboTax.com and selecting Download/print return (PDF) under the expanded Your tax returns & documents heading.