Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to file an extension for Iowa (fed and state) and Nevada (federal only). Can I do this all at once in one extension filing right now? or 3 different filings?

Where do I begin?  I have to file an extension today for Iowa State and federal, and I also need to file an extension for Nevada federal.  Will the easy extension link allow me to take care of both state and federal for Iowa and... federal for Nevada at the same time?  Nevada does not have state taxes.  Please and Thank you.  Then after I find out, where do I begin?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I need to file an extension for Iowa (fed and state) and Nevada (federal only). Can I do this all at once in one extension filing right now? or 3 different filings?

No, you may need to file an extension with each governing agency. Some states are automatic extension if you file a federal extensions. Click on the state link below for your states.

File federal extension online here

State extensions can be found here if needed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Okay, So... Will I add Iowa Wages to my Nevada Wages on one form along with Iowa Federal income tax and Nevada federal income tax for the federal extension?   Nevada doesn't have state taxes so when I extend State with just Iowa.  Just need to know if I add the wages/taxes for both states for federal link you supplied.   Do I then click the State link and only do Iowa?

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

All of your wages from all sources would be added to your home state and your federal return.  

Iowa does not offer a state extension.  

"If at least 90% of your total tax liability is paid by May 1, 2023, you will automatically have an additional six months to file your return. You have until October 31, 2023, to file your return timely. You will not be charged a late file penalty. However, you may owe an IA 2210 penalty for failure to make estimated payments. You will owe interest on any tax still due after May 1, 2023."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies