turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GTGejoff

I made a mistake.

So i made an accidental mistake and put in the wrong account number for my direct deposit how can i change this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

I made a mistake.

Have you already submitted your tax return? If you have... wait. If the return is rejected for some reason, you can make a correction. If the return is accepted,  you can't make any changes to your return or direct deposit information once the tax return has been filed.  If the information you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check.  If the deposit goes to someone else that actually has the account number you entered, you  must work directly with the respective financial institution to recover your funds.

Please read here for more details. 

anomos123
Returning Member

I made a mistake.

I submitted the return and got teh refund.  But i was told i need to do a SE form.  I did it and was told it was done incorrectly.  That is, the amendment.  However, i simple want to redo the amendment correctly and pay want i amy owe in SS and medicare.  The problem the re-amend the amendment on Turbo Tax is not allowing me to do so.  They say i have to wait for the first to go to teh IRS.  I have not sent it yet. 

I made a mistake.

If you have not mailed that Form 1040X yet, then you have not submitted your amended return at all.  An amended return can only be submitted by mail.  So go back and make the necessary changes before you print, sign and mail your Form 1040X.  It cannot be e-filed.

After you print, sign and mail your amended return—1040X— to the IRS wait about 3 weeks and then you can begin checking on it at the IRS website.  Be aware that it can take at least 3-4 months for an amended return to be fully processed (or sometimes even longer.)

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tonyrome1029
Returning Member

I made a mistake.

I did not claim Head of Household on my Federal and State tax

tonyrome1029
Returning Member

I made a mistake.

They both were accepted and I was told I owe the Federal and State. So I paid them,then I realized that I didn't claim Head of Household.

tonyrome1029
Returning Member

I made a mistake.

What should I do

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

I made a mistake.

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on when to amend.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/do-i-need-to-amend/00/27607

@tonyrome1029

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies