turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm wondering if Turbo Tax automatically filed my taxes correctly in order for me to be able to get my $600.00 stimulus payment. Or, was there something I needed to do?

My address and bank info changed since the first stimulus payment. So, I was told to file a tax return so that my info would be updated in the I.R.S. system. I did, and am still waiting over a month now for the estimated refund. When I filed, Turbo Tax said I would receive a $600.00 Fed. return. I assume that is because of the stimulus, because of the fact that I filed a "no income" tax return this year due to the virus. I would appreciate some clarification on the subject, and to know if everything was done right. And, I would like to know if I need to do something else. If so, I need to know what that is, and how to do it. Thank you.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I'm wondering if Turbo Tax automatically filed my taxes correctly in order for me to be able to get my $600.00 stimulus payment. Or, was there something I needed to do?

The IRS is running behind this year. It has to send out third stimulus checks while processing tax returns with reduced staffing due to COVID-19.

Check Where’s My Refund for the status of your refund. The IRS can research the status of your refund if it has been more than 21 days. Call 1-800-829-1040.

A typical tax refund with no issues goes out in 21 days or less. Typically, nine out of 10 refunds filed electronically go out in this time frame

If there is an issue with a tax return that requires additional review, that can add time for some taxpayers, but it varies depending on the issue. Many factors can affect the timing of a refund. Common errors the IRS is seeing this filing season include people not reporting their Economic Impact Payments accurately on the Recovery Rebate Credit line. Tax returns with an error, incomplete information or those affected by identity theft or fraud may take longer to process. If more information is needed to process the return, the IRS will send the taxpayer a letter with a request for information.

Related Resources:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the info. But, I'm still wondering if Turbo Tax automatically filled out the necessary lines/form for me to receive my stimulus due to me not receiving it because my info had changed. If someone could reassure me that they did I would feel a lot better. Thank you.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You can track your refund here.   You will need your SSN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to track it.   If you had no income in 2020 and you filed a tax return just to collect the missing 2nd stimulus payment, your refund amount would be $600.    You can verify the amount of recovery rebate (missing stimulus money) that you claimed by looking at the Form 1040 you filed.   The amount on Line 30 is the amount of your recovery rebate you claimed.    

Once the IRS processes your return, your address and banking information will be updated.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Okay, thank you very much for that clarification. 👍

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies