turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to file late and getting a message that the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open until January 2021. This can't be right - is this a known issue?

Just to add, the whole time I've been working on this, I have gotten this message:   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to file late and getting a message that the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open until January 2021. This can't be right - is this a known issue?

what you see is correct.  efiling for 2019 closed on 10/15/2020. you now have to print and mail your returns. that efiling message is for the 2020 returns. 

Well that's depressing.  Thanks for the response.  

Fairly certain that message is a mistake ... efiling of new returns has always stopped 10/15  not 10/31.  Paper filing is the only option now ... in the FILE tab choose to mail in the return and then the proper forms and instructions will be populated. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@alisontaub @Anonymous @Critter-3 

We have been told by the forum moderators that if you started your tax return in TurboTax Online before October 15, you will be able to e-file it until October 31. There might be a temporary problem. You have to be e-filing from the same account where you started the tax return before October 15.

Good to know ... this is an unusual year so changing the norm is to be expected.  I see they have shut down the ONLINE version and are pushing new clients to the downloaded version. 

And something doesn't make sense...

if you got rejected you have to Oct 20 to fix and resubmit 

but if you started you can efile until 31?

Does that mean Rejected have until 31 too?

If rejected you have until 10/20 to resubmit to be timely filed ... until 10/31 to resubmit but you will be late.

efile after 10-15 2.jpg

Awwwww, I see it now.  Too many details.

GabiU
Level 15

@alisontaub Are you still receiving this message? If Yes, are you willing to post a screenshot so I can alert the product team? Please remove all personal information from the screenshot if you post here. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies