turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I keep getting rejected when I e-file. It says," Our records indicate that you are not entitled to e-file one or more formsets. what does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I keep getting rejected when I e-file. It says," Our records indicate that you are not entitled to e-file one or more formsets. what does this mean?

This response takes you to a non valid page, dead end.  I  need an answer on what to do.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The formset error is a TurboTax issue that is being worked on.  There is a possible workaround to remove this error.  Delete the state tax return and then complete the state return again.  Many users have found this to be effective in removing this error.   

See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting a state tax return - How to delete the state return     @nicole_wade06

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
elisaheine77
Returning Member

Turbo Tax alreay charged me $70 to file, but the transmission won't go through. This is unacceptable. How can this be fixed?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience. Thank you for your participation and patience.

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?
(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below
Sign out of TurboTax.
Sign back in.
E-file the return again.
You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent"
 Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies