Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irvinsolt
Returning Member

I just downloaded Turbo tax 2019; however, a desktop icon was not provided. How do I get one placed on my desktop?

Windows

I just downloaded Turbo tax 2019; however, a desktop icon was not provided. How do I get one placed on my desktop?

@Irvinsolt wrote:

I cannot find my turbo tax 2019, I have already paid and need to get started. My login is [email address removed]. Please help

Sign onto your download account using the same User ID you used to purchase the software - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads?route=myaccounts

Although the TT Icon shows in the windows list, a generic icon comes up when I drag it to the desktop and release the left button.

@samiller34 wrote:

Although the TT Icon shows in the windows list, a generic icon comes up when I drag it to the desktop and release the left button.

That's different than what I experience.  I'm using Windows 10, and when I drag it to the desktop and release, the TurboTax logo remains on the shortcut.   So in your situation, somehow the icon logo is dissociated from your shortcut.  Is your created shortcut functional--does it launch the program?   Are you just wanting to change the appearance of the shortcut icon for cosmetic purposes?

Check to see if you even have the image for the TurboTax icon on your computer.   I suspect you DO, since you said you saw the icon present in the Windows programs Start list.  

In any case, the icon is named TurboTax.ico ("ico" not "icon") and is located in the following folder, depending on your product edition (Deluxe, Premier, etc.) :

C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\[product edition] 2019\32bit

See if this alternate method of creating a shortcut makes any difference, but it may not.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-can-i-make-a-shortcut-to-turbotax-2018-on-my-...

Otherwise, if that didn't work, I don't know all the inner tricks in Windows 10 to re-associate the logo icon to a generic-appearing shortcut.   Are you doing it from a Windows 10 administrator-user account or a regular Windows user account?  I don't know if that would make any difference, but if you have both, it's easy to try.

Someone else may add to the thread. A Windows geek probably knows how to do it.    Otherwise, you could phone TurboTax Support and see if they have a suggestion.    If your shortcut is functional as it is, then you'll need to decide how much time you want to spend on trying to get the logo re-associated.  

mine did not even complete loading. It is nothing but trouble this year.

@patricia69 wrote:

mine did not even complete loading. It is nothing but trouble this year.

If you need assistance with an installation issue, you can start a new thread that will show up to the whole forum, and someone may be able to assist you or tell you how to phone Customer Support. 

You can start your new thread at the link below.  Once there, click the blue "Ask a Question" button.   The title line has limited space so it's for a summary that tells your issue.  Then there is a box below that line where you can explain any details, any error messages, what operating system version, etc.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

Corazon2a

how do I my turbo tax 2019 placed on my desktop?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Corazon2a Are you trying to save your filed return to your desktop computer? If so, the following TurboTax FAQ will walk you through how to save it: How do I save my 2019 TurboTax Online return as a PDF? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Marada 1963
Returning Member

How to get turbo tax icon on desk top

Marada 1963
Returning Member

Windows

Found this answer from a Turbo Tax Expert

To create an icon for TurboTax on your desktop please follow these instructions:

1. Click the Windows Start icon in the bottom left of your taskbar to display a list of all your programs.
  2. Scroll down the list to TurboTax 2019.
  3. Click on that to expand, and it will show TurboTax 2019 again, which is a link to the executable.
  4. Left-click on it and HOLD, then drag it to your desktop screen and release the left button.  

That will deposit the shortcut on your desktop.

Or another way,

To put an icon on your desktop, please follow these steps:
Go into Windows Explorer.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Deluxe2018\32bit
Right-click on TurboTax.exe
From the menu that pops up hold your mouse over Send to and then click Desktop (create shortcut) in the box that pops up.

Re: I just downloaded Turbo tax 2019; however, a desktop icon was not provided. How do I get one placed on my desktop?

1mmoylan

windows

CRRIOPEL

have LOW VISION.  PLEASE USE LARGER FONT SIZE

1  WANT TT ICON ON DESKTOP

2 CHECKLIST TO COMPLETE INSTALL

GOT MSSG   INSTALL COMPLETE

BUT ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies