turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

107east-

I have waited 10 mins because it locked me out for that long. Now im locked out for 13 mins

I am trying to change/update my email address and it has already locked me out for 10 minutes so I wanted. I went to try again and it said I am locked out for 13 minutes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

I have waited 10 mins because it locked me out for that long. Now im locked out for 13 mins

I apologize for the inconvenience.  This FAQ will provide a solution.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5568870

This FAQ will provide steps to update your email if you cannot sign in.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300098

aenn13

Your FAQ did not provide any such information.

I had a similar issue, couldn't remember my password and got locked out for 15 minutes.

fine, reset the password, waited 20minutes (because why not) and attempted to log in.

Was told im now locked out for 15 minutes.

I entered the password correctly after waiting MORE than the 15 minutes a 2nd time, and got the same message. Locked out for 15 minutes.

This is ridiculous and incredibly disturbing that your system is so flawed even at login.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Please to https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact. Please select your product, edition, and then write "I'm locked out of my account". You will get a message that no answers could be found. Select "Try Something Else". Fill out the form and click "submit my information". You will then be given a ticket number and a phone number to call to speak with customer care. They should be able to look you up in the system and get this resolved. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Now, I am really confused. I have been trying to do my taxes for 2019 since yesterday. Yesteday, I applied to relace my password. After doing this, I could not login. I applied to change my password again, but still coul not login. It says too many times, wait 15 minutes. I have waited 15 minuters, 30 minutes, and 24 hours. So now, I just went through the community forum. I filled out the form with my name, date of birth, social security #, and my address. I entered my newest password that I have not been signed in with yet. I verified this password. Then I was prompted to enter my username for my profile, but it did not work - [PII Removed], so I entered [PII Removed]. So now I don't know want to enter anywhere.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@FloydR Did you go through the account recovery process here:  https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/?

yes, I recovered my password and have completed what I needed.

why does the 15 minute lock out not work.  

Your 15 mins lockout does not work

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You can use this link here to recover your account. There is a small blue link at the bottom that says Try something else and if you click on that you can locate your account by using your SSN, name, and birthdate. If you still can't access your account, you can contact TurboTax Support for assistance by following this link here.

andremiad

I have been locked out over night.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@andremiad To sign in to your Turbotax account when it's been temporarily locked, follow the steps in this Help Article:  Sign in is temporarily locked

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies