You'll get the following message when trying to sign in to your TurboTax account if you've entered the incorrect user ID and password combination too many times:
Sign in is temporarily locked. You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. We'll send you an email to help you access your account.
We know that being locked out of your TurboTax account can be inconvenient, but this ensures a high level of protection to your personal information.
To sign in to your Turbotax account when it's been temporarily locked:
- Select Continue on the lock screen.
- Choose one of the options from the Let's make sure it's you screen (the list you see will depend on whether you have a phone number associated with your account):
- Get a code texted to: [phone number on account]
- Get a code emailed to: [email address on account]
- Recover my account a different way (takes longer)
- Select Continue to reset your password.