Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have filed my Taxes I received a email saying they where rejected? How can I fix this?

why where my taxes rejected?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I have filed my Taxes I received a email saying they where rejected? How can I fix this?

What was the rejection code and reason for rejection?

You received an email that we cannot see that tells you why your tax return was rejected.  

Some rejected returns can be fixed and re-filed.  Some have “un-fixable” reasons for the rejection and have to be mailed instead.

What is the rejection code or rejection message? 

If it was rejected for AGI—-your 2022 AGI might not be in the IRS system if you filed late.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ballr1309

SRIV-F1040-506-03

@ballr1309 wrote:

SRIV-F1040-506-03

The IRS error code indicates a tax return with one of your dependent's Social Security numbers has already been filed with the IRS.

Check the Social Security numbers of your dependents to make sure they are correct on your tax return.

Click on My Info on the left side of the online program screen.  Edit the dependents.

If the dependent SS numbers are all correct then you will have to print and mail your tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print a tax return for mailing when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/printers-printing/print-mail-return-turb...

If all of your dependents social security numbers are correct, do you know why someone else may have claimed the same dependent? 

If someone else claimed the dependent by mistake, they will need to file an amended return to remove the dependent from their return. If both persons who claimed the dependent believe they should have claimed the dependent and no one files an amended return to take the dependent off, the IRS will come to both filers later in the year and try to sort out which person could rightfully claim the dependent. 

If you believe you are the one who can rightfully claim the dependent, you can go ahead and print your return and mail it to the IRS. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies