turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ladybg19-

I have been waiting for my agi from the irs that I requested on the website over 2 weeks ago. I cant file my taxes or do the stimulus portal. Will someone help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ladybg19-

I have been waiting for my agi from the irs that I requested on the website over 2 weeks ago. I cant file my taxes or do the stimulus portal. Will someone help me?

All I have is my compensation detail report from 2018. Does that help or no?

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you are trying to get your AGI to e-file, then unfortunately not. 

There are a few places you can get your 2018 AGI:

• If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2018, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI. You should be able to get a copy of your 2018 tax return transcript right away at transcript link above.

Alternatively, if you qualified for the stimulus on your 2018 return and your bank info on that return is still good, then you will receive it based on that return--even if you can't yet file your 2019 return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ladybg19-

Unfortunately I have always did my taxes at a free tax filing site from united way. I have never gave them my bank info. I already requested copies of returns from the IRS but that was well over two weeks ago. I had to move recently because of the covid and misplaced my return from last year . I basically cant file my taxes with Turbo or get a stimulus deposited because of this number. I keep receiving emails from Turbo to finish e-file but I cant till I get this agi. This has been really stressful.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Yes, these are challenging times, but Gisele has given you the only ways to get your transcripts from the IRS.

This morning, I saw a notice from the IRS that the IRS has suspended sending out transcripts by mail, so your remaining option is to try to get the transcript online. This does require that you be able to answer some questions about your credit history, but if you can, you can get the transcripts immediately.

Perhaps another alternative (but it would not be free) would be to go to a local tax professional to see if he/she could get your transcript for you. But this is something they do only for clients, so it would probably involve paying them something.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies