turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got halfway through my taxes and now Turbotax is loading absurdly slow, I can't load a single page. What is wrong with turbotax? I don't have the time to deal with this

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
TomK100
Expert Alumni

I got halfway through my taxes and now Turbotax is loading absurdly slow, I can't load a single page. What is wrong with turbotax? I don't have the time to deal with this

You may need to close TurboTax and delete your browser's cache and cookies.  Then restart the program (the software saves your information periodically as you proceed through the program).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I tried both, then I even ran spy-bot search and destroy for good measure to make sure no remnants were enough. Rebooted, first menu loads great then slow utter garbage all over again. Installed chrome, despite my normal run being firefox and it still ran like utter slow garbage. It's not my download speed as I just ran a test and was getting a great load rate. It's either the software itself or crap servers on their end.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

To best resolve this issue, please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. If you see a message that says "We can't find an answer to your issue", please click the "Try Something Else" drop down. Once you fill out the form you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
munster1

Same issues. two days wasted. never again. 

helpful to know this isn’t just because i’m starting around the traditional filing deadline. i could only import a single 1099-b before it started freezing. no further progress possible.

i was even going to pay for the premiere product but now i’m thinking i shouldn’t pay this company a dime since i have been finding stuff i wouldn’t even have read about if it just worked to begin with. i’m referring to the deceptive practice of charging low income customers who should have been allowed to efile for free due to the noncompetition contract with the government.

como
Returning Member

I am having the same problem and after years of using TurboTax I am prepared to switch if they don't acknowledge and address this problem. So far all my efforts to get an explanation have been ignored.

como
Returning Member

Tried your posted solution to no avail.

Seeing the same problem, even on 5/4

Jo63

Ditto. 5/28. Was doing a useless but required NJ non resident. The federal & PA star went well. Toward the last few questions, it froze. Almost like a DOS attack on the us-west-2.turbitaxonline server. Then after 20 mins. Came back up. Totally unsat! 

For best results, switch over to the CD/Download desktop version.

As July 15 approaches you have to figure it can only get worse.

This is super slow for me after I tried to import my 1099-b! Before the import, everything goes well

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies