turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bmlarson

I get stuck on the lets get your billing address screen. There is no exit from that screen except to close. Then I am back in the same loop.

How do I get past the "lets get your billing address" screen?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
matt9

I get stuck on the lets get your billing address screen. There is no exit from that screen except to close. Then I am back in the same loop.

I had a similar problem when running TurboTax inside a virtual machine. If that happens to be your case try to switch the VM into full screen mode, this should make the entire dialog visible, including the buttons at the bottom.

Otherwise you can try to use the TAB key, trying to find the right button blindly and confirm with RETURN. When I tried that I ended in a similar loop though.

full screen doesn't do it, sorry to say - and no joy with the tab, either.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

This issue may be resolved by clearing your cache and cookies on your browser. Please see the following instructions on how to clear your cache.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

See here for instructions on clearing your cookies.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I get out of the billing address page?

The only way I see is to x out and then I gave to start over.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you are filing with TurboTax online, please perform these steps: 

• Check your internet connection.  Try to log out and sign back in the program. 
  • Clear your cache and sign back into the program.  To clear cache, click here: Cache
  • You may also try a different browser.  
  • And Try again.

@Jjrodberghotmail

CharlesS

Same problem. I found the comments from Intuit employee unhelpful -- they made me wonder whether she even understood the problem. It's clear to me there is a design flaw on the Billing pages. It was so frustrating tonight (I had to randomly guess with tabbing, as the user suggested), I nearly decided to file the state return manually and save the $20 payment to Intuit. I work with a lot of websites, and over the years I have found the Intuit webpages among the most poorly designed. :(    (Frankly, I'm surprised I'm able to post this feedback, since so many of the Intuit webpages seem "booby-trapped" one way or another.)

StantonB

I have had this problem for days. Deleting cache and using a "wired" internet connection has no solution to the problem. This happened last year when I mailed the state return. Unfortunately we have to trust so many other systems plus the state has to do all the data entry ALL OVER AGAIN. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are still unable to file, we would like to take a closer look.  Please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

@StantonB

mgoldbach

I had the same problem. It was resolved by running Turbotax in full screen mode.  That put the payment dialog in full screen mode which made the buttons visible.  Really really terrible UI.

Seems intentional.  Has happened before with TurboTax then I decided to use my refund to pay.  Maybe a class action suit is needed.

They want us to use our refund and pay more.  Easy for IT to fix but always the same.  CLass Action Suit would fix it.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies