turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mpstoner

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I don't have my W-2 forms, was hoping they would import from mytaxform.com

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
JoceannaD

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I don't have my W-2 forms, was hoping they would import from mytaxform.com

Please review the following helpful information regarding importing your W-2's into TurboTax. After reviewing the FAQ's below, if you are unable to import, you may need to manually enter your W-2. In this case contact your employers and request a copy, or see if they have a secure website you can obtain them from.

How do I import or enter my W-2? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5723068

Why can't I import my W-2? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4254944

How do I manually enter my W-2?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4951437
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

W2's are required to be mailed my January 31, 2020

Some employers release W2's prior to this through different means, but again, they have until January 31st to do this.  Keep checking the website to see if your employer has released their W'2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do not have my w2 form

WKins2
Expert Alumni

If your employer participates in that, then you should be able to download your W-2. If not, you will need to enter in your W-2 manually to the system. Click the following TurboTax FAQ to read how to import a W-2: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/how-do-i-import-or-enter-my-w-2/00/26253

How can I get it off line

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

If you are unable to import, then you will need to enter the W2 information manually.  You may have gotten a paper copy in the mail or you could contact your employer to get a paper or email copy.  

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If your employer does not participate in the mytaxform program you will have to enter your W-2 manually.  

To enter a your W-2 follow these steps: 

• With TurboTax open select the wages & income tab. 

• Scroll down to the line Job(W2) 

• Select add/edit 

• On the page Here's your W-2 info select Add a W-2 

• Follow the prompts to add a new W-2 

Don't have w2 was hoping to file without

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

You need to get a copy of your W2 from your employer to properly file your tax returns.  Another option is to get a wage and income transcript from the IRS.  Here is a link for the IRS transcript request. The transcript from the IRS will not, however, include any state information.   

how do I go to get my form for people ready I really need it 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

If you didn't receive your W-2 :

1. Contact your employer and ask him to send you a copy of your W-2 .
  2. If you can't reach your employer, call the IRS for assistance at 800-829-1040. The IRS will call the employer or payroll provider and advise them to send you your W-2s.
  3. Request or download Form 4506-T. You will receive W-2 transcripts which will have information reported by your employer to the IRS free of charge.

I work for PeopleReady in Leesburg Florida because they told me I had to create a profile to receive my W-2s what do I do from this point forward

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

@Dustin-D-Baker

It sounds like you’re asking about importing your Form W-2 information.

If that’s the case, please see the TurboTax Help article How do I import or enter my W-2? for guidance.

Dmclain85

I need all my w-2s from 2018 please

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies