Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

acapuras

I did not receive an acknowledgement e-mail that my tax return was received by the IRS after turbo tax filed it electronically.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

I did not receive an acknowledgement e-mail that my tax return was received by the IRS after turbo tax filed it electronically.

TurboTax sends an email to the email account of record for your user ID when the tax return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS.  Check your email account spam or junk mail folders for the TT email.
Verify that you have the correct email address for your account.
Sign in to your TurboTax Online account.
Select Intuit Account from the lower left corner.
This will take you to an Account Settings screen.
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are looking for your tax refund, it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get your refund. Some taxpayers get theirs early while some will wait the entire 3 weeks. Taxpayers should keep in mind that “Where’s My Refund?” is updated once daily and usually overnight. IRS customer service representatives cannot provide refund information until 21 days have passed since the return was filed. “Where’s My Refund?” provides the most up-to-date information. You can track your refund by the following information.

Please see below for tracking your federal refund:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Please see below for tracking your state refund:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433

If you e-filed your tax returns, you can also click here e-file status lookup tool to check your e-file status. If you filed it successfully, you should see PendingAccepted or Rejected.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Alh5113

I did not receive a acknowledgement e letter how do I get another sent to me

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Alh5113 If you are wanting to check the status of your return, upon signing into TurboTax, you should see the status of your return.  You can also use the "Where's My Refund? tool

If you're just looking for your confirmation email, be sure to check your spam/junk inbox to ensure that it didn't end up there.  

carcierik
Returning Member

I didn't receive acknowledgement e-mail from irs from turbotax.com

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you didn't receive your confirmation email, try checking your junk or spam folder.  You also check your e-file status by logging into your TurboTax account. After signing in, you will see the status of your return in Tax Home. For more information, please see How do I check my e-file status?

@carcierik

ronnds

Of my taxes being excepted

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

To track and stay up to date with your personal return please click here  for assistance. 

Re: I did not receive an acknowledgement e-mail that my tax return was received by the IRS after turbo tax filed it electronically.

MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Here's how to Check Efile Status.

jj912

I filed paper return

@jj912 

Then you will get no notifications from TT as they are not informed you mailed in the return or that the IRS got it. 

If you mailed in the return then prepare for a long long wait ... paper returns are taking 6 months or much much longer to process again this year.  And until the envelope is opened  and the data input operator enters it in the system the WMR?  tool will not even show it in the system for processing.   Check this tool once a week until you see it in processing :  https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Taxpayers Who Filed Paper Returns Could Wait 6 Months for a Refund (businessinsider.com)

You are not alone.  In the past I got email and/or text; this year nada.  When I re-opened Turbotax, I found that my return had been accepted only a few hours after having been transmitted.  So it's probably best simply to return to Turbotax periodically to check on e-file status.

Same

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies