Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null688

I completed my taxes. I owe 21,612.00. The system never asked me to pay anything. When I look at my forms it came with 4 vouchers?????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I completed my taxes. I owe 21,612.00. The system never asked me to pay anything. When I look at my forms it came with 4 vouchers?????

The 4 2022 estimated tax payment vouchers are NOT  to pay the 2021 balance due ... they are for 2022 estimates.

Check your return for the filing instruction page to see how you chose to pay the balance due : 

If you choose to mail in the payment you should have a 1040-V for the 2021 balance due in your packet.

Or you can pay the IRS directly online  WWW.IRS.gov/payment 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

It is the IRS that asks you to pay and if you don't, they will send you a bill.

Please contact your TT Live rep.

The 4 2022 estimated tax payment vouchers are NOT  to pay the 2021 balance due ... they are for 2022 estimates.

Check your return for the filing instruction page to see how you chose to pay the balance due : 

If you choose to mail in the payment you should have a 1040-V for the 2021 balance due in your packet.

Or you can pay the IRS directly online  WWW.IRS.gov/payment 

Be sure to pay as soon as possible, as interest rates and penalties may be mounting.

Carl
Level 15

When you owe taxes to the IRS, TurboTax can not, does not, and will not act as a middleman in that transaction. You have several choices.

1) You can enter your banking information on the tax return and allow the IRS to withdraw the amount you owe on the date you specify.

2) You can go to www.irs.gov/payments and pay directly with a credit card, or set up a withdrawal from your banking account (checking or savings) to occur on a date you specify.

3. You can write a personal check or obtain a money order for the amount owed and mail it to the IRS with the 1040-V payment voucher that you can print from your tax return.

DO NOT confuse the 2021 form 1040-V with the 2022 forms 1040-E. The 1040-V is for your 2021 tax liability. the 1040-E is for your 2022 (twenty twenty two) estimated quarterly payments, if you so chose to make those payments.

If your state taxes personal income and you also owe your state, then you will have to check your state's website to see payment methods available there. Not all states have online payment or the option to withdraw from a bank account.

Carl
Level 15

When you owe taxes to the IRS, TurboTax can not, does not, and will not act as a middleman in that transaction. You have several choices.

1) You can enter your banking information on the tax return and allow the IRS to withdraw the amount you owe on the date you specify.

2) You can go to www.irs.gov/payments and pay directly with a credit card, or set up a withdrawal from your banking account (checking or savings) to occur on a date you specify.

3. You can write a personal check or obtain a money order for the amount owed and mail it to the IRS with the 1040-V payment voucher that you can print from your tax return.

Do not confuse the 2021 form 1040-V with the 2022 forms 1040-E. The 1040-V is for your 2021 tax liability. the 1040-E is for your 2022 (twenty twenty two) estimated quarterly payments, if you so chose to make those payments.

If your state taxes personal income and you also owe your state, then you will have to check your state's website to see payment methods available there. Not all states have online payment or the option to withdraw from a bank account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies