turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

adri711

I claimed my daughter on my taxes but i did not get CTC on my taxes. I have been claiming her since 2017 and has always received CTC. Why am i not getting CTC for now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I claimed my daughter on my taxes but i did not get CTC on my taxes. I have been claiming her since 2017 and has always received CTC. Why am i not getting CTC for now?

How old is she?  Has to be under 17 on Dec 31 to get the Child Tax Credit.

adri711

She turned six years old on December 21, 2020.

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Your credit may have been limited for one of the following reasons.

The maximum credit amount of your Child Tax Credit may be reduced if either (1) or (2) applies.

1. The amount on line 18 of your Form 1040, 1040-SR, or Form 1040-NR, is less than the total of the credits. If this amount is zero, you cannot take the credit because there is no tax to reduce. 

2. Your modified adjusted gross income (AGI) is more than the amount shown below for your filing status.

1. Married filing jointly—$400,000.

2. All other filing statuses—$200,000.

Here is a link with more information on the Child Tax Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
adri711

I didn't receive a 1040 form only a W2

You don't get a 1040.  You enter your W2 into Turbo Tax which fills out the 1040 tax return for you that you efile or mail to the IRS.  

Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies