turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I certified my 2019 on OCT 14,2020, IRS stamped as received on OCT 26,2020. Where is my refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

I certified my 2019 on OCT 14,2020, IRS stamped as received on OCT 26,2020. Where is my refund?

You need to speak to the IRS. They are the only ones who can tell you what is going on. You may have to wait until after May 15 to get to speak to them. The phones are crazy now, but even after the season, expect at least an hour wait.

Their number is 800-829-1040.

Yesterday I took a duplicate 2019 tax return that had a refund. A Tax collector who works out of Philly called me and said that he was assigned my case. I needed to send a duplicate, despite the fact that all the agents I have called said to wait and keep calling the number I received  in the mail. The first agent on the phone said to call back in one month, March 26. When I called back to see if it was processed they said to call back in two months. The Post Office is leaving trailers at the IRS waiting for the employees to return after a Covid-19 absence. If my Return Receipt was stamped Oct 26,2020, the agent and I concluded that my return was first on the trailer. He is forwarding it to Austin, TX, where my notice said to send my return. I gave him my return, copy of my return receipt and copy of notice I got in the mail. Estimated time of response 8 weeks.  I got a stamped copy of my 1040 first page with Philly IRS . Phone wait times are between 20 and 30 minutes. Do not ask for Refund information. Does anyone know how to attach statements to TT so I can send Electronically?

Can I ask for a direct deposit if I mail my return in?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You cannot e-file a prior tax return for 2019 as the season is considered closed and the IRS is no longer accepting e-filed tax return for that year. Also, you cannot send statements to a tax return in TurboTax when you e-file for any year. 

Finally, yes you can include direct deposit routing and account numbers on your mailed tax return for your anticipated refund.

@Wolfwoman

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies