Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot enter the schedule D information in Turbotax deluxe. Is schedule available now, or when will it be available

program indicates info avaiable soon. When is "soon"?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I cannot enter the schedule D information in Turbotax deluxe. Is schedule available now, or when will it be available

if you are using desktop version, just go into forms view....

Schedule D and Form 8949 should be available on 01/14/2021 (subject to change)

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

If you are using the TurboTax desktop editions click on Forms.  When in Forms mode click on Open Form in the upper left.  Enter 1099-B and click on the 1099-B Worksheet.  You can use the worksheet to enter investment sales with gains or losses.  This will transfer to Schedule D and Form 8949 with a result on Form 1040 Line 7.

Note that once the schedule and form is finalized you should go through Step-by-Step for the proper entries on the final tax return.

I get a message that the IRs is still working on the investment sales schedule (Schedule D)/  But the Federal forms availability website says that it is available.  How do I resolve this?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

The Federal 1040 Schedule D form is what most people use to report capital gains and losses that result from the sale or trade of certain property during the year.  What income do you need to report?

This comparison of the TurboTax versions show that Schedule D is only supported in versions Premier and Self-Employed.  Scroll down the left side of the screen until you find 'schedule D'.

Schedule D is available.  See here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies