Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

VITORIA69

I bought turbo tax premier which included one state tax form. Why do I have to pay $25 add'l fee to efile my one state tax form?

I also purchased from Costco, but I can't seem to have the account upload the code and TurboTax is trying to charge me out $159 and I already paid.

has anyone else had this issue? if so what did you do?

I bought turbo tax premier which included one state tax form. Why do I have to pay $25 add'l fee to efile my one state tax form?

@VITORIA69  Did you get the Costco program installed and activated with the 16 digit License Code?  Did you buy the CD or the download?

Sounds like are in the Online version instead of your program.  You can move your Online file to the Desktop program and continue without paying for Online or needing to reenter your info.

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

Download the .tax2021 file for free

How do I save my TurboTax Online return as a tax data file?

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

I purchased Premier and was hit with two fees for efiling for a refund, $45 and $20.  Can someone explain who is getting those fees, which were deducted from my refund.

tec44

i agree that buying the more expensive version of turbo tax we shouldnt have to pay additional.  now im trying to file illinois state and it wont let me because of an update error!!!  took my $25 and now cant file.  totally frustrating.

@melwil  It is $20 to efile a state return in the Desktop program.  $25 after March 1.  Then the 45 is to have the fee deducted from your federal refund.  You can avoid it by paying with a credit card.  

Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California) 

• So I paid the $25 for my one state e submission, and it still is making me send in the voucher showing what I owe?  The voucher suggest a check might be attached, but I paid directly from bank. 

if I send in only form TT said to send, how will they know I already paid or am I missing a check?

@Rorkswisher You do not mail in a voucher if you paid the tax due online.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies