Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jodeci80

I am trying to pay for turbotax using my credit card but the system keeps giving me an error. It will only let me pay with my refund but i don't want to pay that way?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I am trying to pay for turbotax using my credit card but the system keeps giving me an error. It will only let me pay with my refund but i don't want to pay that way?

@jodeci80 - are you sure?  last we were informed, ability to pay with refund was shut off effective August 1 and not available until January.   I am sure others will post, but try getting out of Turbo Tax and then launching the browser again.... something is weird. 

@NCperson The Pay with Refund option is available again using the online editions.

@jodeci80 Is the Billing Address for the credit card the same as the Mailing Address on the federal tax return? 

If so, sign out of the TurboTax online account.  Change your web browser to either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and then access your TurboTax again - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

If not, then go to My Info on the left side of the online program screen and edit your Mailing Address to the Billing Address.  Return to the File section of the program and see if you can enter a Credit Card.  If you can then complete the Credit Card section and then return back to the My Info section to change your Mailing Address back to the original address you entered.

jodeci80

Yes it’s available for me and in fact  its the only one available as when I try to pay with my CC it says system error.

jodeci80

Yes billing address is still the same, nothing has changed and I’ve used turbo tax the last several years. I had filed for an extension and now ready to file. I have always paid with my CC with no issues until now. When I try to pay with it is says system error but if I try with refund it let’s me continue. I don’t want to pay the $39 assessment fee with refund. I am using safari (which I’ve always done) so maybe let me try a different browser like you said and see if that works. 

@jodeci80 suggest calling support.... the ability to pay the fees with the refund was not availalble for the last week and I wonder when TT fixed that, they broke the abiltiy to pay with a cc....ugh.

jodeci80

Thanks, will do. Was hoping to be done this weekend. Their customer service are only open Mon-Fri:(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies