turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to finish my 2019 taxes on my computer at work and it will not bring up what i have done on my home computer do i have wait and use my home computer

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I am trying to finish my 2019 taxes on my computer at work and it will not bring up what i have done on my home computer do i have wait and use my home computer

If you are using TurboTax Online, you should be able to access the return you've been working on (as long as you use the correct sign-in information).

If you are using a version of TurboTax installed on your home computer, you can only access the return on that computer.

I think I am using the online turbo tax I do I find out

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you used a web browser on your computer, a login name and password then you are using TurboTax Online and should be able to access the tax return from any location. If you used TurboTax Download/CD then you can only access the tax return from your home computer.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Andrea1951
Returning Member

I I have already done my taxes for 2019, but I can't bring up a saved copy on my computer.

Any help 

Carl
Level 15

I think I am using the online turbo tax I do I find out

If you did not take physical action to install the TurboTax 2019 program on  your computer at home, then there is no way you are using the desktop version.

Andrea1951
Returning Member

I did install, even have the icon that says 2019 turbo tax, when I go into that it only shows 2018 and nothing for 2019.  All other taxes have been saved in the computer but nothing showing for 2019.  Taxes have been done, just wanted to print another copy.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

See the following link for instructions on how to print your return.  It also provides options if you are unable to see your 2019 tax return.

Printing a copy of your return after e-file

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Andrea1951
Returning Member

Thanks found it with the help of Turbo Tax help.  For some unknown reason the taxes for 2019 where located in a different location and not with my other turbo taxes.  Got it corrected and I'm all set.  Felt like a dummie when we located the file 

@Andrea1951  Are you on Windows or Mac?  Sounds like it wants you to start a new 2019 return by transferring from 2018. Or make sure it launched the 2019 program and not 2018.

To open your return go up to File-Open.

Your tax return file ends in .tax2019.  Search your computer for it.  Check the Recycle Bin or Trash.  Check in One Drive, etc.  it should be in your Documents then in the Turbo Tax folder.  Check your backups.

Find your Tax file in Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/find-your-tax-data-file-tax-file-in-windows/00/...

If you don't have the main .tax file you might have one that starts with a Tilde sign ~ like  "~your name.tax2019".  That file is if your computer crashes or your real file gets lost or deleted or corrupt so you can restore it.

I didn't see your post while I was typing.  Glad you found it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies