turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What can I do if I am EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED with this service? There's no customer service/support. How do I get help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
KurtL1
Expert Alumni

What can I do if I am EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED with this service? There's no customer service/support. How do I get help?

To contact TurboTax support see: How to Contact Support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Katten

Due to the fact that the IRS didn’t process my 2019 return until January 2021 my current 2020 return was rejected as my AGI from 2019 didn’t match. I contacted the IRS and they said try to input $0.00 into the field where it asks for the AGI from my 2019 return. When I filed my 2019 return January 30th of 2020 it was accepted and my Maine refund was deposited within a week. Then mid February I received a notice from the IRS that I needed to send form 8962 as my wife had used Obama Care. When I spoke with someone at TurboTax I was told due to the fact I filed so early the form 1095A was not in the system as of January 30 2020 so I was never asked to put in that information. I see this as an oversight on your part. I finally received my refund of $1989 just a week ago. I’ve spoke with the IRS yesterday to see if they could tell me the correct AGI on my 2019 return so I could input it into your system as the $35117 number from 2019 didn’t work. This is when she said try entering $0.00 not just $0 as your support person told me. The field on your page where one does that won’t accept such a number with decimal point. Now I have mailed it but I will most likely use another tax service in the future. In my mind I pay for this to be efficient and quick to receive my refund. Also I never received my 2nd stimulus check in December 2020 so that is a credit in my 2020 return. Bottom line I would like my fee refunded due to all this inconvenience. Heaven knows how long it will take to get my refund now when I’ve had to mail it.

OhanaPastor
Returning Member

I have had my Federal Tax return rejected twice. I don't understand what the problem is.

MayaD
Employee Tax Expert

What is the reject code?

An e-file rejection just means that some things on your return don't match the IRS database.

Sign in to your TurboTax account and select Fix my return to see your reject code and explanation.

How do I fix a rejected return? - TurboTax

OhanaPastor
Returning Member

US_SchA_Charitable_Deduction_Limits_Hold_Rule_Per - Your federal return was rejected due to an issue with the Charitable Deduction Limits on Schedule A.

I have changed the amount I gave to less than my AGI. Still rejected 3rd time. Do not know what to do.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@OhanaPastor  Some TurboTax customers are incorrectly being limited to 60% on their charitable cash contributions that meet the outlined criteria from the IRS. Please see this TurboTax FAQ, for steps on how to fix this, Why are my charitable cash contributions being lim...

OhanaPastor
Returning Member

I HAVE SUBMITTED IT FOR THE 3RD TIME AND STILL REJECTED. I MARKED THE BOX AND IT DIDN'T WORK. WHAT NOW?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You can delete the forms related to your contributions (Cash Contributions Worksheet, Schedule A) and let them repopulate.  Also, if you are using the CD/Download version, you can go into Forms Mode to check the Cash Contributions Worksheet.  The Charity Type column should show C - 100% organization.

To delete a form, please follow these steps:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to the form you want to delete and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on the form you wish to open and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, you can check the Cash Contributions Worksheet using these steps:

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click Cash Contrib.
  3. On the form, look in the Type column to make sure all entries show C.  If not, you can click in that box and select C from the drop-down list.  [See screenshot, below.]
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

If your return is rejected again, print it out and mail it in.

@OhanaPastor

OhanaPastor
Returning Member

I am printing it out to send it in. This experience has left me frustrated. To be honest, I am not happy with the help Turbotax provided. This is your problem and the instructions given did not help at all and did not match up with my forms and program. There should have been an option to follow up by phone to fix this. I will probably not use Turbotax in the future.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies