Katten

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Due to the fact that the IRS didn’t process my 2019 return until January 2021 my current 2020 return was rejected as my AGI from 2019 didn’t match. I contacted the IRS and they said try to input $0.00 into the field where it asks for the AGI from my 2019 return. When I filed my 2019 return January 30th of 2020 it was accepted and my Maine refund was deposited within a week. Then mid February I received a notice from the IRS that I needed to send form 8962 as my wife had used Obama Care. When I spoke with someone at TurboTax I was told due to the fact I filed so early the form 1095A was not in the system as of January 30 2020 so I was never asked to put in that information. I see this as an oversight on your part. I finally received my refund of $1989 just a week ago. I’ve spoke with the IRS yesterday to see if they could tell me the correct AGI on my 2019 return so I could input it into your system as the $35117 number from 2019 didn’t work. This is when she said try entering $0.00 not just $0 as your support person told me. The field on your page where one does that won’t accept such a number with decimal point. Now I have mailed it but I will most likely use another tax service in the future. In my mind I pay for this to be efficient and quick to receive my refund. Also I never received my 2nd stimulus check in December 2020 so that is a credit in my 2020 return. Bottom line I would like my fee refunded due to all this inconvenience. Heaven knows how long it will take to get my refund now when I’ve had to mail it.