turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am having issues importing Financial Institution Data from Bank of America and Merrill Lynch Edge into TurboTax Home

I get messages every couple of days from Merrill Lynch saying that their system is undergoing maintenance until certain date and time when clicking on ML for the Financial Institution.  I come back after the system is ready, and login with my ML credentials and then get a message saying my data is not available until the following day.  This has been a never ending loop for the entire month of February.  BofA tries to import my 1099 (>$10.00) but after importing TT says import was unsuccessful then says no problem we will help you enter your data, then takes me back to the BofA login screen for a never ending loop.   All other Financial institution data, imports successfully.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I am having issues importing Financial Institution Data from Bank of America and Merrill Lynch Edge into TurboTax Home

call them.  they are the only ones that can answer your questions as to the issues you are having.

I called both BofA and TurboTax.  No solution found.  It hangs at the 2 step verification.  Both parties point fingers at each other and I'm left out.

Try importing from Mint. Mint and TurboTax must have the same credentials for this to work. Just link the financial institutions to Mint. Try and tell us if it worked for you.

I don't have Mint, but do have Quicken,  I am able to download from BofA with no issues from there, but this is not my Tax forms.  Could you be a little more specific on what I would be doing with Mint vs TurboTax?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Mint will allow you to export your transaction into a CSV file, which could be used for tax purposes. 

However if you did not have the account connected within Mint already, it may not be of much use as they would only pull in up to the last 90 days of transactions. So if you are considering Mint, now is a good time as it would have all of 2021 transactions for the next tax year. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I believe I may have posted this question in the wrong area.  Unfortunately, I can’t figure out where to post this question.  I am using the desktop version of TurboTax Home & Biz not the online version.  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

This would be best resolved by speaking with a member of our customer support team by clicking here

How was this resolved? I am having the same issue

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Charles-Montgomery 

You may want to check and make sure your financial institution or brokerage is a TurboTax 1099 partner. If it is and you are still having issues, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance:

What if I can't import my 1099?

You can also try the steps provided below to see if that resolves your issue:

• Log completely out of your TurboTax account
  • Clear cache and delete cookies
  • Then log back in and see if you are still having the same issue

You can also try using a different web browser. Please respond back here if this does not resolve your issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies