turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

filkoge

How to enter 1099-R info from Fidelity directly into TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You may see a notice in TurboTax that importing from Fidelity is not available until January 31.

It also depends on what you meant by "directly."   If you were not asking about importing, were you asking how to manually enter it yourself?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You may see a notice in TurboTax that importing from Fidelity is not available until January 31.

It also depends on what you meant by "directly."   If you were not asking about importing, were you asking how to manually enter it yourself?

It might depend on the account type, but my 1099-R forms (3 of them) have never been importable from Fidelity.   But maybe this year will be different?  (Granted, mine are from their retirement division, not direct from a Brokerage acct)

But if you actually have those forms already, and cannot import them.  You can type them in on the "Wages&Income " page....down in the section titled "Retirement Plans & Social Security".   

Note: The 1099-R forms may be available as PDF downloads, but the tax file imports use a special format, and, if they exist, are generated separately.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies