Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kdfrasier

How soon can I begin filling out Turbotax Delux Online for my 2019 taxes? Do I have to wait till Jan 2020 or can I 'begin' sooner? I know I cant file just want to start?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How soon can I begin filling out Turbotax Delux Online for my 2019 taxes? Do I have to wait till Jan 2020 or can I 'begin' sooner? I know I cant file just want to start?

You can begin sooner but not much sooner since the program will likely not be available until November.

The Desktop CD/Download program usually comes out in November.  The online versions open in December.

dmertz
Level 15

With either version, the calculations are usually not fully updated until at least mid December or later, so be careful about putting too much faith in the numbers produced by TurboTax prior to that.  The results will be close, but might be slightly off in some cases.  It's common for things like HSA and retirement contribution limits to still be the prior year values in the initial release.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies