Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How many users are no longer able to access IDnotify via TurboTax?

I guess the email success is luck-of-the-draw! The links I've received in emails over several months have *NOT* worked, then I wasted a couple hours browsing the "suggestions" and "fixes" in these community postings with no joy. I started wandering around the website again and ran across the link I shared which was my first success in a long time. It figures that others can't share the joy due to inconsistent and careless programming 🤬

You mentioned that you didn't purchase MAX Benefits this year. I just repurchased the coverage again yesterday when I finally got around to filling my taxes... maybe this new link worked for my renewed access, and the link they just sent you still works for your last subscription so it will stop working soon?!? Not holding my breath on how long my link will be good, but the email link is useless to me. 

Thanks for posting about this, I've been having the same issue but thought it was just me!

kash27

so no one is able to access idnotify? 

Can someone from TurboTax please address this issue?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

See these TurboTax support FAQ: Who is IDnotify and what is their relationship to TurboTax? and How do I sign in to IDnotify?

If there is an alert that you would like more information about or to take action on (freezing your credit report, etc.), please reach out to IDNotify directly.

ID Notify phone number - 888-883-1852/ Email Address - idnotifymemberservices@experian.com

LINKS
https://portal.idnotify.com/login
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/how-do-i-log-into-idnotify/00/26907
https://www.idnotify.com/contact-us/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Clearly you have not read my posts detailing how I have reached out numerous times over many months to both IDNotify and TurboTax on this problem. Both organizations have been utter failures in addressing this problem. 

I will add the fact that about a month ago I received a call from Intuit. The caller identified themselves as Whitney. After a long discussion Whitney assuredly promised to get back to me with an answer as to the problem customers are having with accessing alerts. I am still waiting for Whitney's call. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We are aware of the issue and actively working on a resolution. It has no impact on their IDNotify subscription or eligibility and they are still covered for identity protection or Identity restoration.
If there is an alert that you would like more information about or to take action on (freezing their credit report, etc.), please reach out to IDNotify directly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The only way I have been able to get this to work is to call IDNotify and wait through customer support until I can get someone to manually read the alert for you over the phone.

Completely insane. It's hard to believe a company as big as Intuit can fail this badly to deliver a product we've paid for. 

TurboTax support will just repeat login links info and/or tell you to contact IDNotify support. This has been going on at least since November 2023, when I first got an IDNotify alert and then spent two weeks on and off with customer support trying to find out what it was.

Obviously don't need to sign up for "Max" benefits again.

To Catina: 6 months have elapsed since this was first brought to the attention of TurboTax. TurboTax has zero credibility in claiming that a resolution is being actively pursued. TurboTax has totally failed to serve customers. 

This is likely solved by some software developer at Intuit simply calling up their counterpart at IDNotify and just saying the federated login link redirection is no longer working between the two, please fix it.

They are actually in business together supposedly deliving a product that people have paid for, and no one at either company is listening to the problem or trying to do anything about it.

I came across this link that WORKS, at least it does for me!!! The email alert link is worthless!

https://portal.idnotify.com/dashboard 

Maybe someone in customer service will eventually care enough to get the alert emails corrected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies