Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How long does it normally take to process a Maryland state tax return. It shows that it was accepted however when I call the tax return line they not received

How long did take this year get refund. We always got back around week. Few times like 10 days but think only one year. Most have always been following week. 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How long does it normally take to process a Maryland state tax return. It shows that it was accepted however when I call the tax return line they not received

I'm need m.d to it be 4 month and I having got nothing.

@Dman0809 

Federal and state refunds come from completely separate entities,  There is no rule as to which one will come first or how much time there will be between their arrivals.

STATE RETURN

Make sure your state return was accepted:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I've been waiting 12 months! Is there any one who can help me????

Contact the state.   TurboTax cannot intercede with the IRS or your state.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Just to add; the Intuit Turbo Tax message "Maryland state return accepted" does not mean Maryland has "accepted" your return but rather your return has been received. Maryland accepts and processes on the same day.

Cartermargie
Returning Member

Is Maryland behind on taxes because normally it doesn't take this long and it's been since 2/4 . 

missjay93

Mine still says received and processing and I filed 1/28. Everyone I know has gotten theirs. So weird. I called and was told there are no issues with my return. I normally owe due to offsets so this is my first year actually receiving the money and I now have no clue what to expect. Hoping mine comes soon

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Maryland says if you choose direct deposit, the state will transfer your refund to your bank account within a few days from the date your return is accepted and processed.

If you have previous offsets, its possible there may still be some old information in the Maryland system that's holding up return.

For more information about MD refunds see: Income Tax Refund Information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shakina

Same here, Still waiting 

12 months? I would call! are you sure you don’t have a tax offset? Meaning you owe someone money and they’re taking it from your taxes? 

Tashi781

I was saying  the same thing! Did mines form 2/28 and it still saying processing. I called the tax lines and it jus keeps hanging up on me. So frustrating 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies