turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thallky

How do I make a suggestion to turbotax

Dear TurboTax,

I've been using your software for years and I appreciate the functionality and accuracy of the program.

However, this year there was a problem.

On years when I have a refund, I have never taken the refund but would always select the option to apply to the next year's tax liability.

For 2018, that option was either not available, or it was difficult to find.  I even went back and forth in my effort to find and select, but it wasn't there for me.

Could have been my mistake or lack of computer skills, but, I'm not really that much of a novice.

Just thought I would comment about that in hope whatever caused that option to be elusive will be corrected  before next year.

TAH
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your feedback, I will bring your post to the attention of the TurboTax Moderators.

View solution in original post

@jr6239  I will pass your feedback to the TurboTax Moderators.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Thank you for your feedback, I will bring your post to the attention of the TurboTax Moderators.

jr6239

I am responding to you because you appear to have the ability to pass suggestions along to Intuit.

I use TT Home and Business and I am a partner in a partnership with operations in multiple states.  I am included in the partnership's composite tax return for all states in which I have taxable income and am a non-resident.  This version of the program requires me to prepare tax returns for all states in which I had taxable income in order to e-File, even though I am not required by those states to file a non-resident return.  I would suggest that future years include an option to designate non-resident state income as being covered by a composite return and to bypass the non-resident returns.  Thank you.

@jr6239  I will pass your feedback to the TurboTax Moderators.

jetav8r

Seems like this is the thread for Improvement suggestions....

After I finish my taxes and print them Turbo tax has a Title page with a Summary Block. I'd like to suggest they add in that block a line saying, "Your IRS Tax Bracket." You already list an "Effective Tax Rate Percentage" but not the more commonly known IRS Tax Bracket. I think this would be a great enhancement to your Summary Tax Block.

Thanks!

fpkarl

For listing charitable deductions, two years ago you could SORT alphabetically, and last year and this year it appears you cannot!

Makes it much more difficult to find someone on the list.  Could you see if a programmer could fix that in an update?

Here are two other requests of TurboTax:

1. Because PA does not tax qualifying retirement income, TT asks a series of questions for each source of retirement income to arrive at the conclusion that it is qualifying.  every time TT installs updates, the answers to these questions are lost and they must be re-entered.  this is really annoying! A saved answer should be saved! If one has multiple small sources of retirement income, this is super annoying!

2. in some windows, TT lists the entries from the previous year in one column, which i find helpful.  But in other windows, it does not.  Please list the previous year's entries in all windows in which there is space!

thank you!

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

To make a suggestion to TurboTax, I would suggest reaching out to TurboTax directly using the contact us link provided below:

Contact Us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Contact page is blank and has no options.2022-01-21 16_53_05-TurboTax Support Contact Us Page – Get Help from TurboTax.png

Since I can't find a way to send a request - my feedback/suggestion is to PLEASE add "Idaho State" Business Corporation & Partnership filing as an option. It's ridiculous that I cannot use the TT Business software to file my businesses taxes in this state and have to do it by hand. Federal filing works okay, but Idaho is 1 of the 6 states that this software does not support and it is very very unfortunate.

Hello!  I'm using Turbotax Deluxe (Desktop, Windows)

In this case, my family member was NOT my dependent in tax year 2020, so received the stimulus payment for 2021 based on that info. However, during 2021, they WERE my dependent.

Since they received the stimulus payment, I want to make sure that the dialogue boxes for my (married filing joint) return also asks to reconcile any DEPENDENTs who may or may not have received stimulus payments in 2021, with those amounts.

My point is, in response to the original person's comment about just (my words) "lumping it in to the total that myself and/or spouse received" will throw off the numbers for all 3 of us, when comparing to letters and/or IRS information.

(In my case, the dependent is not required to file for 2021.)

To allow for this, I think the TT software needs to ask:

1. Did any of your claimed dependents for 2021 receive stimulus payments in 2021?

2. Then ask: If that dependent also filed their own return for 2021, did they claim the stimulus payment there (on their own return) or not? If claimed there, no need to do anything. If not claimed there, or they did NOT file a return, enter their number here.

jwcoleman

I have two suggestions.

First, make it possible to file a superseded return rather than forcing an amended return.

Second, Make 1041 cross platform (Windows & Mac).

thank you.

jcoonrod

It only gives a phone number, which is not really a good way to make feature-change suggestions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies