turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I import from It's Deductible Online to my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Here are several ways you can get to the interview screen to import from ItsDeductible into your Online TurboTax return.  See which one works for you. 

Method 1: 

• When the return is open, in the top right of the screen click on SEARCH.
  • In the search box, enter the term itsdeductible ( one word, without quotes) and then click the little magnifying glass icon.
  • Then click the “Jump to itsdeductible” link.
  • Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity in 2019? 
  • The next screen will ask if you have an ItsDeductible account.  Answer Yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 2:   
Same as first method above, but in the Search box enter donations (without quotes), and then click the little magnifying glass icon.  Then click "Jump to donations."

Method 3: 

• With the return open, click in the left menu column on Tax Tools, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window click the blue button Topic Search. 
  • In the Topic Search popup enter the word itsdeductible without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2019?"
  • When you say "yes", the next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"
  • Say "yes" and continue the interview.

Method 4 :

• Using regular navigation go to Federal Taxes tab in the left column, then at the top go to Deductions & Credits section. 
  • On a screen that says "Your Tax Breaks" scroll down and look for a link that says "All Tax Breaks".  Click that to expand, then you will see all deduction topics and subtopics. 
  • Scroll down to the topic "Charitable Donations" and click Show More to expand and see the subtopics..
  • Choose "Import from ItsDeductible Online."

None of your options work!! This is so frustrating!!!!

@smconvey 

Please explain where they failed.   "none work" is not enough info.   There are 4 different methods above.  What do you encounter with each?  How far do you get?  Where is the roadblock?  Which specific step failed?

Or is it this?

Is your User ID/password the same for Online TurboTax and ItsDeductible?    Or do the two accounts have different log-ins?

@mesquitebean, sorry for my unhelpful outburst due to frustration. I spent hours entering in all of my charitable donation receipts into ItsDeductible online. I couldn't find a way of importing from ItsDeductible online to TurboTax online Deluxe (both have the same username).  Apparently, there is a bug that's been an issue for weeks. I called support and they confirmed the following prompt does not appear:

"Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"

Regarding your methods. Either they didn't work (due to the bug) or the TurboTax online web pages don't have the options described in your methods. However, here is a workaround that worked for me: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/re-to-begin-importing-donation-i...

@ smconvey wrote:

sorry for my unhelpful outburst due to frustration. I spent hours entering in all of my charitable donation receipts into ItsDeductible online. I couldn't find a way of importing from ItsDeductible online to TurboTax online Deluxe (both have the same username).  Apparently, there is a bug that's been an issue for weeks. I called support and they confirmed the following prompt does not appear:

"Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"

Regarding your methods. Either they didn't work (due to the bug) or the TurboTax online web pages don't have the options described in your methods. However, here is a workaround that worked for me: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/re-to-begin-importing-donation-i...

That's good news!  I'm glad you found a way to do it.  However, that's the same as Method 4 I listed above--the direct navigation method.

I'm sorry you had trouble, but I can't get any of the methods above to fail.   All of the methods are working for me.

With all 4 I get the screen that says "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online."

When I say "Yes" , it does the import.  I've pasted current screen images below.

What browser are you using?  I'm using Firefox.   Have you tried a different browser?  I guess it's a moot point now that you've been able to use the navigation method.

In any case, see the 2 screen images below made a few minutes ago.  All 4 methods lead me to these screens.   I've tried them in both Deluxe and Self-Employed Editions.  I don't know why they are not working for you, unless it's browser-related.

itsdeductible.png

itsdeductible2.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies