turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jsburke3

How do I get the forms and amounts for 2021 Estimated Federal and State Tax Payments?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

How do I get the forms and amounts for 2021 Estimated Federal and State Tax Payments?

You can print next year's estimated tax vouchers (Form 1040-ES) in your 2020 program:

1. With your tax return open, search for 1040-es (be sure to include the dash) and select the Jump to link.
  2. Answer No to the question Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2021?
  3. Answer the questions about things like your 2021 filing status, income, and deductions.
  4. Eventually, you'll come to the Print Vouchers? screen. Answer Yes and we'll include your 2021 1040-ES payment vouchers when you print a copy of your return later.
    • If you get the No Payments screen instead, you don't need to make 2021 estimated payments based on what you entered.

For state estimated taxes, see Can TurboTax calculate the estimated payments for next year's state taxes?

If you receive significant non-wage income, such as from self-employment or investments, you will likely need to pay quarterly estimated taxes or run the risk of underpayment penalties in addition to a large year-end tax bill.

If you’re at risk for an underpayment penalty next year, we'll automatically calculate your estimated tax payments and prepare 1040-ES vouchers that include the payment due date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jerome Siegel
Returning Member

How do I print via printer 2021 Form 1040-ES vouchers without the watermark "DO NOT FILE" superimposed across the face of each vouvher

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

If you use Print Center to print, it will give you an option to print a clean version with no watermarks. Please see the directions below:

If your return is still active and you are inside the return, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.

**If your return thinks you have already printed and filed, these are directions to Print Center.

• Click Tax Home to the left
  • Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and click Show
  • Select Add a State to get back in return. (not adding one, just a way to get inside return)
  • In the left hand-menu, select Tax Tools.
  • Select Print Center.
  • Then choose Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  • Now check the 2020 federal returns (or 2020 state returns) box and choose which forms to print out or all worksheets.
  • Select View or print forms, then go ahead and print.

For more information, please see the link below:

How do I print estimated tax vouchers for my 2021 taxes?

beach61
Returning Member

How can I print the  2021 1040-ES vouchers from Turbotax without the "Do not file" watermark?

@beach61 wrote:

How can I print the  2021 1040-ES vouchers from Turbotax without the "Do not file" watermark?

Form 1040-ES, Individual Estimated Tax is scheduled to be available on 02/18/2021

happyzak

in 2020 I first calculated my estimated anticipating that I would take the Required Mim Ded however I elected not to take and my Income dropped thus the taxable rate dropped and I recieved a $4K refund.  Now in 2021 I will have to take a higher RMD and my taxes will revert to a higher rate .  I will have to file the 1040-es because of other income and my rate will be higher.  I can not locate the estimated worksheets of the auto estimated tax forms ,  U there any OTHER WAY TO GET TURBO TAX to generate the form so that I will not have to type out all the info  on each irs blank form.    Any help for this Old Guy is really appreciated.  PS I got the pa estimated form ok.

GeneO

@happyzak wrote:

in 2020 I first calculated my estimated anticipating that I would take the Required Mim Ded however I elected not to take and my Income dropped thus the taxable rate dropped and I recieved a $4K refund.  Now in 2021 I will have to take a higher RMD and my taxes will revert to a higher rate .  I will have to file the 1040-es because of other income and my rate will be higher.  I can not locate the estimated worksheets of the auto estimated tax forms ,  U there any OTHER WAY TO GET TURBO TAX to generate the form so that I will not have to type out all the info  on each irs blank form.    Any help for this Old Guy is really appreciated.  PS I got the pa estimated form ok.

GeneO

See this TurboTax support FAQ for calculating the estimated tax payments - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-payments/help/can-turbotax-calculate-next-year-s-federal-estim...

If you have already filed the 2020 tax return -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies