Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TODAY!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get past the screen that states: "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section"? I have tried different computers, browsers, wiped cache, etc. Thanks.

The screen that states: "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" appears when I am trying to clear "detail reviews" in the final review process. I have also tried turning off adblocker. I google searched everyway to troubleshoot this, but I can't get past it. It appears to be related to having a large 1099 with a lot of transactions, as removing them helped the issue, but that doesn't allow me to file my return correctly obviously.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get past the screen that states: "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section"? I have tried different computers, browsers, wiped cache, etc. Thanks.

Nothing that I saw resolved this. I was only able to skip around the problem by removing the many 1099 transactions that seemed to be causing the issue, getting a clean final review, then adding them back in and skipping past the final review, which is the part that would always get stuck on that screen. I read to try that somewhere else, and that seemed to work without any issues that I could see.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

The problem is on TurboTax end not yours.  Most likely a form is not ready yet.  If you provide more detail of when this is happening someone should be able to help

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Assistance with getting your 1099 imported successfully has been provided by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Nothing that I saw resolved this. I was only able to skip around the problem by removing the many 1099 transactions that seemed to be causing the issue, getting a clean final review, then adding them back in and skipping past the final review, which is the part that would always get stuck on that screen. I read to try that somewhere else, and that seemed to work without any issues that I could see.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If the above FAQ did not assist in resolving, it would be best to follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. 

I mean, it is resolved by finding a way around the issue by simply skipping the screen that it was getting stuck on. My taxes are filed/submitted and accepted, and there were no errors that I could see. But the core issue of being able to get through the final review process without getting stuck on that screen was never fully resolved, so this issue could pop up again in future years.

I had already called TurboTax support before I even posted this, it was the very first thing I did after hitting a dead-end troubleshooting it on my own.  The support was not helpful at all, and basically just tried to politely get rid of me on the phone rather than actually solve anything - first by trying to transfer me to someone for tax advice when I did not need any tax advice (I only needed technical support), and second by finally blaming the issue on a 3rd-party integration / TurboTax partner, and claiming that TurboTax had dropped support for them (even though they were still perfectly usable and a viable option inside of TurboTax), which was not true, but did succeed in getting me off of the phone with them.

I will just add that my perception of the issue after troubleshooting it quite extensively is that if you have a lot of 1099 transactions that for whatever reason creates a lot of items to be reviewed in the final review process, the TurobTax software may slow down as you try to click through each of these review items in the final review process (as you are trying to clear them). And if it is too slow, it will run into a 40-second timeout that just sends you to that screen (the screen that states "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag..." etc.). I noticed that the application would hang for nearly exactly 40 seconds fairly consistently before it sent me to that screen, so it seemed like a timeout of some sort. I was able to get past the screen once or twice very rarely, but it was not enough when I had 100+ review items.

This problem could also be exacerbated by high traffic on the site which may further slow down the application. Seems like something engineering needs to take a look at. I am obviously not certain, but that was just my best guess of the issue.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies