Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I fix the Turbo Tax Error? A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

One of these answers recommended Tax Act. I don't know about that one, but I was like you, I was ticked off and ended up going with some company called Tax Slayer. It's a real pain to have to reenter all the stuff you would've entered here, but at least there were no more errors, and it was easier and the check came pretty quickly. And no, I'm not sneaking in some site promotion. It's annoying when people do that. I looked at a bunch before I landed on that one.

Simca

How do I fix the Turbo Tax Error? A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

Switching the payment method from Credit Card to Direct Deposit worked. It autofilled my details from a previous year, leaving me to wonder if the bug was that I had 2 payment methods both filled out even though I didn't have Direct Deposit selected this time.

A TurboTax engineer should really look into this, as based on this forum thread, it is clearly losing you business and shouldn't be a complicated fix. At the very least, you could improve the error message to say something beyond "A server error has occurred". Customers aren't going to get any value from that, and neither are the engineers. It's super generic.

For the Turbo Tax fees or a tax due?  You mean Direct Debit, right?  If you have the fees deduct from a Direct Deposit Refund be aware there is a Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California) for that.  So try to pay the fees by credit card.

Did this ever end up working for you? Mine is saying the same thing. I think they want me to pay for the service upfront in order to file. Did yours ever get fixed and if so, how? 

A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

I have updated the browser, deleted cookies, used different computers, I have done everything recommended anywhere I could find. Nothing is working. I was on the phone with customer service for 2 hours who basically said they had no idea and couldn't help me. I am wondering if I have to pay for the services first? 

I got it to work. I had to use a different bank card that I used the previous year. 

I got mines to work. I had to use a different card that I haven’t used before and then it worked

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the steps in this Help Article to resolve your issue.  If this doesn't help, please reach back out here for further assistance.  

@rarnett920

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same issue. Called worked with several associates. Tried all of the fixes listed and nothing. I guess I’ll try another company at this point. 

This happen to me last year and no one could help me. Come to find out I had to pay upfront and use a debit card I never used with them before. Try that and it should work..

This happen to me last year and no one could help me. Come to find out I had to pay upfront and use a debit card I never used with them before. Try that and it should work..

It’s not outdated info when it’s still happening to people this year and happen to me this year and when I did what I said it work.. thank you .. y’all need to get it together because clearly I know more about your system them yall

I did my taxes, federal and state but turbo tax online would not allow me to E-file.

I had to send hard copies for both. I was charged 52.43 for Federal, I did not

itemize and was not given a choice to choose. Would not alllow me to e-file. I was charged 41.73 for state and was not able to e-file either. I paid you 94.16 and was not able to e-file anything. I would like a refund please.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@cocobeans 

To submit a refund request online, simply fill out our TurboTax Refund Request Form. For more information on refunds, please see the FAQ provided below:

Our TurboTax Satisfaction Guaranteed refund policy.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies