Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I fix my address on my tax return so that it will go through because it's been processing for months now?

So my tax return has been processing and just keep saying it will give me a date. So going over the checklist of reasons why it could be processing still it states check all information entered. So with doing so I realize my address is incorrect how would I fix that so that it would allow my tax return to go through all the way?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I fix my address on my tax return so that it will go through because it's been processing for months now?

You cannot change any data on a return that has been filed and that the IRS is processing.  An incorrect address would not keep it from processing.   You can contact the IRS to see what is holding it up and they might be able to clarify what the problem is.

To correct the address on the return mail in  a change of address form with the IRS  ... https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies