turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I collect missing stimulus for my dependent if I already used the non filers tool for my stimulus, but they never sent my money for my dependent?

I tried to submit another application, but they said my application was already approved and I cant submit another one for the missing money for my dependent
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I collect missing stimulus for my dependent if I already used the non filers tool for my stimulus, but they never sent my money for my dependent?

Go to this IRS website for stimulus payment FAQ's (Question 7) - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-calculating-my-economic-impa...

A7. Payment amounts vary based on income, filing status and family size. If you filed a 2019 tax return, the IRS used information from it about you, your spouse, your income, filing status and qualifying children to calculate the amount and issue your Payment. If you haven’t filed your 2019 return or it has not been processed yet, the IRS used the information from your 2018 return to calculate the amount and issue your Payment. The IRS is not able to correct or issue additional payments at this time and will provide further details on IRS.gov.

If you did not receive the full amount to which you believe you are entitled, you will be able to claim the additional amount when you file your 2020 tax return.  See the question earlier in this section on determining the amount of your Economic Impact Payment.

Keep the Notice 1444, Your Economic Impact Payment, you will receive regarding your Economic Stimulus Payment with your records. This notice will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address within a few weeks after the Payment is made. When you file your 2020 tax return next year, you can refer to Notice 1444 and claim additional credits on your 2020 tax return if you are eligible for them. The IRS will provide further details on IRS.gov on the action they may need to take.

Some federal benefit recipients need to act by September 30. The IRS reopened the registration period only for individuals who are federal benefit recipients who didn't receive $500 per qualifying child payments earlier this year. Those who received Social Security, SSI, RRB or VA benefits who did not file a 2019(or 2018) tax return or use the Non-Filers tool to provide information about a qualifying child to receive a $500 per child payment earlier this year, can use the IRS.gov Non-Filers tool through September 30 to provide information about a qualifying child to receive a $500 per child payment. See the FAQs on this page and the Non-Filers tool page for more information.

see the most recent news on IRS site for persons who did not get the $500 for a dependent.

https://www.kiplinger.com/retirement/601224/social-security-recipients-get-more-time-to-request-extr...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies