Re: How can i change displays to black text on whi...

dmytnick

How can i change displays to black text on white background?

MichaelL1

You can't change the colors and all the colors you do see have a purpose.

See:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302127

augviking

The response that the background color and test cannot be changed makes no sense.  My background color is white with black text, which is easy for me to read.  The program my 93 year old father loaded onto his computer has a black background color with white text.  Given the disparity between the two otherwise similar Turbo Tax programs, there must be a way to change the background color and text.  How can I do this for my father?

Paul H Reno

Gray letters on a black background in very hard to read.  How do I change the letters to white or the background to white?  Paul H Reno

donaldsimonich

How can I change questions to black text on white background

TiffanyL

You can try the solutions posted below. If that does not work, you may want to reach out to TurboTax customer service for assistance:

Turbo Tax requires a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 to display text and images properly. The text in TurboTax is mostly black. Where you would see grey on white is where you would type, for example, the Search Box.  See below for a suggestion that may help with your particular system.

You can adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor to improve the readability of text.  Some monitors have brightness and contrast controls on the front (see image below). Or you can follow the instructions below to adjust the setting.

Windows 10 - Open the Settings app from your Start menu or Start screen, select “System,” and select “Display.” Click or tap and drag the “Adjust brightness level” slider to change the brightness level.

Windows 7 or 8 - this option available in the Control Panel >Appearance and Personalization>Display>Calibrate Color

MAC - Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display. Drag the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness of your display.

danielbrockman

The answer given isn't adequate. The problem I see is pale grey text on a white background, and it's laborious to see it.

I want black text on white background, which is significantly easier to see. 

I'm colorblind, so your embedding information in colors is information probably lost on me. 

If plus and minus symbols don't suffice, then make the font bigger or bold for important stuff, or use (parentheses) or {braces} or [brackets] or an *asterisk.

I have enough problems to figure out doing my taxes. Turbotax doesn't have to make it harder by using invisible ink.