turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dmytnick

How can i change displays to black text on white background?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

You can't change the colors and all the colors you do see have a purpose.

See:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302127

augviking

The response that the background color and test cannot be changed makes no sense.  My background color is white with black text, which is easy for me to read.  The program my 93 year old father loaded onto his computer has a black background color with white text.  Given the disparity between the two otherwise similar Turbo Tax programs, there must be a way to change the background color and text.  How can I do this for my father?

Gray letters on a black background in very hard to read.  How do I change the letters to white or the background to white?  Paul H Reno

How can I change questions to black text on white background

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can try the solutions posted below. If that does not work, you may want to reach out to TurboTax customer service for assistance:

Turbo Tax requires a minimum screen resolution of 1024x768 to display text and images properly. The text in TurboTax is mostly black. Where you would see grey on white is where you would type, for example, the Search Box.  See below for a suggestion that may help with your particular system.

You can adjust the brightness and contrast of your monitor to improve the readability of text.  Some monitors have brightness and contrast controls on the front (see image below). Or you can follow the instructions below to adjust the setting.

Windows 10 - Open the Settings app from your Start menu or Start screen, select “System,” and select “Display.” Click or tap and drag the “Adjust brightness level” slider to change the brightness level.

Windows 7 or 8 - this option available in the Control Panel >Appearance and Personalization>Display>Calibrate Color

MAC - Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays, then click Display. Drag the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness of your display.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The answer given isn't adequate. The problem I see is pale grey text on a white background, and it's laborious to see it.

I want black text on white background, which is significantly easier to see. 

I'm colorblind, so your embedding information in colors is information probably lost on me. 

If plus and minus symbols don't suffice, then make the font bigger or bold for important stuff, or use (parentheses) or {braces} or [brackets] or an *asterisk.

I have enough problems to figure out doing my taxes. Turbotax doesn't have to make it harder by using invisible ink.

Eric112

As far as I know, you would have to explore display settings on whatever device you are using. Intuit doesn't yet provide ease of access interface for its products, although users have been asking for ease of access facility. If your device is a desktop computer running windows 10. right clicking on a blank portion of the display should bring up a menu for Display Settings and for Personalize. Personalize has an option for "High Contrast Settings (upper right corner).  From there, you can experiment - but it gets complicated quickly. Good luck.

Saladbar3

any solutions please

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax's display is set, so this would actually need to go through your device settings.  You can try the suggestions within the thread above.  

@Saladbar3

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is stupid!! Whoever decided that black background for the questions is a moron!! It needs to be changed immediately!!

Settings are just fine for all other programs...Just TurboTax that is screwed up!! All the "fixes" frovided to resolve the screen problem!!

Why?? This makes your product unusable!!

Link has nothing to do with question or answer!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies