turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I access the 2018 TurboTax software program? I need to file another return for 2018. I already paid for used the 2018 version once.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

How can I access the 2018 TurboTax software program? I need to file another return for 2018. I already paid for used the 2018 version once.

You can't file 2 returns for the same year.  If you need to make changes to your 2018, you will need to amend that return.  There is no charge for filing amended returns you originally filed through TurboTax.  Choose your option and click the link below for full instructions on how to amend your 2018 tax return.  

How do I amend my 2018 TurboTax Online return?

How do I amend my 2018 return in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your help. I need to file a 2018 return for a different person. I thought that when I paid for TurboTax that I can file a total of 5 returns. (Yes, he knows he is WAY late and will pay a penalty.)

How can I access the 2018 program? Thanks again.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

See the link below for assistance with finding your purchased software.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/find-your-turbotax-for-windows-software-download/0...

I have been able to find the online software I purchased in the download file in my account. "TURBOTAX ONLINE PREMIER TAX YEAR 2018 PREP" is inside a blue box. There is no active link so when I click on it, I get nothing. The software was purchased less than a year ago.  Is there anything else? I appreciate your help. 

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this FAQ for instructions on contacting TurboTax Support:  What is the TurboTax phone number? for further assistance.

bail04

I need to file a 2018  return for a dependant and I believe I bought the package that allow 3 or more returns

If you have the Desktop program installed on your computer you can do unlimited returns with it.  If you used the Online version last year it was only good for 1 return and 2018 is not longer available to do online.  You need to use the Desktop program installed on your computer to do a prior year.  Do you need to buy or download 2018 program again?  You can buy 2018 here,  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Since you mentioned 3 returns,  are you doing a Canada return?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies