Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: TurboTax Updates on Unemployment Tax Relief

I just checked on 3/22/21 11:30 PT, and the update to Turbotax Premier is still not in.  All of the unemployment is taxable and I'm not seeing (10,200) on Schedule 1, line 8.  Thanks.

rdonathan

I've read that TurboTax online version has been updated for the unemployment exclusion but I have the desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe and it has not been updated. When will the desktop versions be updated?

IR3
Level 2

Hi today is 03/22 still no updates are available

So let me get this straight.  TurboTax Online which is free has been updated but TurboTax disc or downloaded versions which we paid for is till not updated?  This really isn't acceptable and is a disservice to paying customers.

I'm hoping that the update soon show up for the laptop version of the app for Turbotax Premier 2020. The update has not yet shown up for me.  And I'm on a Mac, so there's no manual update capability available for me. 😟

Turbo Tax needs to get their crap together already!! First it's last Thur, then Fri. Today is Monday and their software is still not updated. WTF is running this co?

The online program has NOT been updated!

IR3
Level 2

After 4 decade they lost a  customer and using Turbotax home and business. good job 

Hello.  I have the CD for Turbo Tax and had prepared but not filed a tax return with unemployment on it.  I just went through updating when I opened the Turbo Tax file on my computer and also went through the federal error check but the amount of the owed/refund for federal did not change.  Has the release for those of us using CDs not been completed yet, and if not, any idea when it will be released.  Thanks so much!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

From what I understand, It is available for the online version but not the CD. Our engineers are diligently working on it but there  is no eta on the completion date. Meanwhile, if you would like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here. and we will notify you when we are ready.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SERIOUSLY!! So on point it does not make me want to use Turbo Tax AGAIN!

When is TurboTax Updates on Unemployment Tax Relief will be available for California ?

As 3/23/2021 I have the same issue whit home and business no update yet

I bought the PC download version of TT Home and Business through Amazon on 3/16 because a TT spokesperson stated in national media outlets it would be updated for the $10,200 unemployment tax credit by 3/18.  Then that changed to 3/19.

It’s now 3/23, I spent over 1-1/2 hours tonight with a TT agent, uninstalling and reinstalling the software and repeatedly entering my unemployment data, only to hear from one of their programmers that, not only hasn’t the software been updated, they have no idea when it will be.

Refunds are already delayed because the IRS is overwhelmed, and I can’t even file to start the refund clock ticking.

TT’s dishonesty and failure to update software guarantees I’ll look elsewhere in the coming years for tax software.

no comment on that TT agent because he/she should have known that TT announced that the desktop updates won't be ready until 3/25.  cross your fingers.  I am willing to bet there are more online users than desktop users because online has already been updated.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies