Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

darn1sp

Hello, I did my taxes with turbo tax and i forgot to send them to e-file, I thought that I finished the process, Is it too late for me to e-file. or file my taxes?

can i still file my taxes and still be able to pay turbo tax fee with my refund.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Hello, I did my taxes with turbo tax and i forgot to send them to e-file, I thought that I finished the process, Is it too late for me to e-file. or file my taxes?

Yes you can efile until Oct. 15, 2021.  Log back in and go through the File tab.

Click on Add a State to let you back into your return.

From Tax Home (the first screen you see after you sign in), scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. You may have to select Show to open the drop down.

Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this is just the workaround).

Yes you can still e-file a 2020 return until October 15.  Go through the FILE section carefully and when you come to the big orange button that says "Transmit my returns now" click that and then pay attention to your emails.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies