turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I completed my return in March and I was expecting a $1,379 from my state of Michigan and only received $63.00. Did this program make a calculation error?

Note; I am married and we filed joint.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Hello, I completed my return in March and I was expecting a $1,379 from my state of Michigan and only received $63.00. Did this program make a calculation error?

MY STATE REFUND WAS LESS THAN I EXPECTED

The state will send you a letter explaining the change.  TurboTax does not get any feedback from your state after your return is accepted, so no one at TT knows why your state refund was less.   Did you owe back taxes, child support, or student loans?  Traffic fines, etc.?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

We do not owe any back taxes, and we are both in our 60's. Note; we did received a letter from the state that mentioned an error in the property tax levied on our home.   

Please note, we have done our taxes thru Turbo Tax since 2017.

@jherna6511 wrote:

We do not owe any back taxes, and we are both in our 60's. Note; we did received a letter from the state that mentioned an error in the property tax levied on our home.   

If there is a phone number on the letter you received from the state explaining why the refund was changed, then call and speak with an agent for clarification.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies