Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Epetach
Returning Member

frustrated and can't get an answer

I am so frustrated with the help provided by TurboTax.  I have used this product for years but I am experiencing a problem with Qualified Business Income deduction.  I try to claim this deduction but TurboTax won't allow me to unless I check the real estate professional box certifying that I meet the criteria and I DON'T meet that criteria.  I should be able to claim QBI without qualifying as a real estate professional.  Someone please help!!!!! 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JShellooe
Returning Member

I am so FRUSTRATED!! this year's version did not download last year's data from my hard drive (meaning I had to manually input all my data--and none of the autodownloads of W-2s worked either,  and TTAX did not do a year-to-year comparison as has always been done by prior versions. I called in to the customer line after striking out with time wasted on FAQs and called in with a 1hour wait and just gave up.

Just came back to this after cooling off for a week or 2 and now I find no evidence that the nearly completed tax return was done. It is nowhere to be found on my hard drive; I looked in exactly the same place TTAX has always saved.

Can I talk with a live human about this???

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@JShellooe

Yes, please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance with your issue:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies