Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8915-F problem

I have received the prompts for this form in the 1099-R section.  TurboTax pulled all the info over from last year.  However, it's not updating the amount owed on my Federal taxes.  I have looked through my completed forms and its not showing up there even after going through the questions to fill it out.  Is this a TurboTax problem or is the form just not available yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 8915-F problem

Did you have a retirement fund distribution in 2020 for the Coronavirus?  If so, did you pay back the distribution in 2020, 2021 and 2022?  If the distribution payments have been completed then you need to delete the forms from 2022 that transferred over to the 2023 tax return.

The Form 8915-F Worksheet and the Form 8915-F along with the Form 1099-R were transferred from the 2022 tax return and need to be deleted.  There may also be a "Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions" and/or a "2020 Disaster Distribution" form listed that has to be deleted.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Form 8915-F problem

Did you have a retirement fund distribution in 2020 for the Coronavirus?  If so, did you pay back the distribution in 2020, 2021 and 2022?  If the distribution payments have been completed then you need to delete the forms from 2022 that transferred over to the 2023 tax return.

The Form 8915-F Worksheet and the Form 8915-F along with the Form 1099-R were transferred from the 2022 tax return and need to be deleted.  There may also be a "Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions" and/or a "2020 Disaster Distribution" form listed that has to be deleted.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

Form 8915-F problem

Thank you!  I was getting the years confused.  I did pay it back in '20, '21, and '22

b16
Level 2

Form 8915-F problem

The form 8915F still isn't available and they keep moving the date when it will be available.  It was supposed to be available in January, then February 7, then February 21, then March 8, the last date that it was supposedly promised to me is tomorrow 3/15/24, but they just had an update today, so they will probably move the goal post, again after tomorrow.  Not sure what is going on with the Turbotax this year.  They blame the IRS for not approving the form, yet if you research their competitor products, the form 8915 F is available on other platforms.  People who have to file this form have already been affected by a disaster and now they are having to deal with Turbotax's disaster of updating their product to include this form.  I'm wondering if the form will be available before April 15.  If it wasn't for Turbotax holding up forms, I could have filed in January.  From all of the previous years that I have used Turbotax, usually forms I needed were available in January.

Mulcahykr

Form 8915-F problem

What if only 2 of the 3 years are paid back. This year needs to be taxed, so confusing! 

Mulcahykr

Form 8915-F problem

Hi what if 2 of the 3 years were paid back but I’m not paying back the last 33%?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F problem

You will need to fill out the form to say that you have repaid the money and therefore you do not owe the remainder. Otherwise, you owe tax on what you have not paid back.

@Mulcahykr 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies