Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1116/Foreign Tax Credit schedule B Carryover

It appears TurboTax Deluxe 2022 CD, does not show Schedule B Foreign Tax Credit carryover as well Currency in which it was received.  In past without this information tax returns have been rejected. Hope Intuit remembers this problem and corrects it quickly.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Taxlax,

I'll forward this issue.  Thanks for bring it to attention.

Thank you.

Good news!  They are digging into your issue.  In the interim you might find useful the following:

Please see: Claiming the Foreign Tax Credit with Form 1116  states "You should convert all amounts you report on Form 1116 to U.S. dollars, except where otherwise specified. The conversion rate you use should be the rate in effect on the day you paid the foreign taxes or the date they were withheld. If you choose the accrual method, you generally use the average exchange rate in effect during that tax year."

Also, see:

In the past, there used to be a statement attached to 1116 form with headline:  "Additional information from your 2020 (for Tax return 2020) Federal Tax form 1116"

1. Explanation: Foreign Currency Taxes withheld on Dividends: Paid in US Dollars.

2. Other Foreign Currency Taxes Paid/Accrued: Paid in US dollars.

3 Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit: Line 10:Carryback/Carry over-----Information.

I am not asking how to convert  or report conversion of currency. I believe above statement needed for completion of this aspect of tax return, which is not seen on current 2022 Deluxe CD Program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies