turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I filed my 2019 tax under new turbo username because I forgot user/password for last yrs.. now my 2019 are rejected over AIG .. I need the aig from 2018 but can’t access that turbo tax account..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I filed my 2019 tax under new turbo username because I forgot user/password for last yrs.. now my 2019 are rejected over AIG .. I need the aig from 2018 but can’t access that turbo tax account..

The IRS uses your prior year AGI to combat fraud. 

You can find your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) by:

• Looking at line 7 on page 2 of your 2018 Form 1040; or
  • You can request a transcript of your 2018 tax return from the IRS to ensure you have the right number. You can request your transcript online at the following link: Get Transcript 

Check these items as well to ensure you have the correct number.  If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

Unfortunately, without the correct number, your only option would be to print and mail in your return. 

This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
one2baia

I forgot my password for my 2018 Turbotax file. Can this be recovered?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes. your password can be recovered.  This link to the TurboTax page Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account has information on how to recover your TurboTax account. 

one2baia

I want to be sure that you understood my question. I am not referring to my online turbotax account username and password in this instance. I am referring to the turbortax file saved on my computer after I filed my taxes last year. It was password protected and now I can't remember that password. Can you help with recovering that password?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Is this a password-protected tax file in TurboTax CD/Download?

Since the password information is stored locally on your system, TurboTax is unable to help with forgotten passwords.

one2baia

So in other words, I don't need an turbotax account recovery. I need a turbotax file recovery. Is there a solution for that?

LakeshaLO
Intuit Alumni

@one2baia, there are a few steps you can take to recover it, but TurboTax can't assist in unlocking the file or in removing the encryption because it is set by the user. To try these recovery steps, please see this TurboTax FAQ that's related to your question: How do I access my password protected TurboTax Desktop file if I forgot the password?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies