turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Flipping homes

When you flip homes as a business do you add it to the SCH C or do you add it to sch d on the home sales? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Flipping homes

If this is a single member LLC that did not incorporate  and you are in the business of flipping homes it goes on the Sch C. 

View solution in original post

Flipping homes

If you just did ONE flip and are not doing more then it is a Sch D entry otherwise if you do more than one and are doing this to "make a living" then it goes on a Sch C ... please read the info in the links previously posted, talk to a tax pro face to face  and/or do some more reaseach on your own.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Flipping homes

I have a LLC, I used it to purchase the house and sell it. Should I used the SCh C portion or the SCh D. 

Flipping homes

If this is a single member LLC that did not incorporate  and you are in the business of flipping homes it goes on the Sch C. 

Flipping homes

okay so the home sales are only for my personal under my name sales. This was so confusing. Thank you guys for the help. 

Flipping homes

If you just did ONE flip and are not doing more then it is a Sch D entry otherwise if you do more than one and are doing this to "make a living" then it goes on a Sch C ... please read the info in the links previously posted, talk to a tax pro face to face  and/or do some more reaseach on your own.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies