Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

File 1099 NEC file

I have turbo tax home and business. I have to fill out a 1099 NEC for  somebody I paid. The only way i found to make one is under create new tax return. How do i acutally file it with the IRS (Can i do it with Turbotax home and business)

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

File 1099 NEC file

File 1099 NEC file

Either in the Desktop Home & Business program or the Online Self Employed version.  If you are using the Home & Business version are you on Windows or Mac?  The Mac version only lets you use the Online Quick Employer Forms and efiles the 1099Nec & 1096 Transmittal form.

You can do them 2 different ways from the Windows Desktop Home & Business program. Either Online using Quick Employer Forms (QEF) -or- directly on your computer with the built in W2/1099 Reporter.  Yes you need to start a new return for them.  

If you pick the choice to prepare them on your computer instead of Online you will have to print and mail them to the IRS (which the IRS doesn't want you to do). You can only efile using the QEF Quick Employer Forms. 

File 1099 NEC file

It's windows but thanks

I guess i assumed when I opened it and it asked create online or desktop....i assumed that for desktop .....even though it said print ..that i could also file it electronically....I assumed wrong

Thanks  so much 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies