Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal Review Error Form 3468

I am having the same issue.  Turbo Tax problems again!

I am having same issue. When will this be resolved? Filing deadline is fast approaching!

Hi TT

Sorry. I incorporated all the updates of TT upto Mar 20 and the box 20 with AJ code still brings the gassification menu and asks for the IRS registration code and the 3468 is added in the end. 

Not resolved.

Can you pl check with your support team and let know.

Thanks

RS

This link is broken.  Can you send me the link to find out when this issue will be fixed with Turbotax.?

I sure hope they fix this soon. My taxes are ready to file but I cannot file because I keep getting the 3468 error message. They need to put up a new link since the old one does not work.

Edwin
Returning Member

@DawnC - The sign up link is broken. When I click on it, it reads "

We're sorry, we can't find the page you requested."

This is to sign up for a notification when the fix is made available. A little apprehensive to go the workaround route until there's a permanent fix. Is there an ETA on this? Like others here, taxes locked and ready to file. cc @PatriciaV 

landohowe

Any updates on this TT? The link does not work and all of the suggestions in the forums to workaround the issue don't work. 

Yes very frustrating. Wish they would give us an updated on when they think they will have a solution to this issue. A lot of people are having this issue and you would think they would want to be right on top of fixing the problem but guess I am wrong.

wu1667wu
Returning Member

I too am receiving the form 3468 error but I do NOT have an entry for AJ. Can I just delete code Z? None of the form 3468 items apply to me. Thanks!

This is a reply I just received from a Turbotax agent. If anybody has tried this please let me know if it fixed the form 3468 issue.

Have you tried deleting the K-1 and re-entering the information again? A recent update should have resolved this issue, but it may not apply to an existing K-1.

After you delete the K-1 and before you re-enter, check to see if Form 3468 remains in your return. If so, delete that form before you re-enter the K-1.

To re-enter Schedule K-1:

Return to the K-1 Summary page. Enter the K-1 and check the box for Box 17/20.  Enter only one line for Code AJ and do not enter an amount. Continue to the page that asks for Other Information Detail. Enter a description and amount separately for both lines from Code AJ. Run Review/SmartCheck. If you receive a request for the registration number, enter TMXXX99XXXXX.  Delete Form 3468 (either in Forms Mode using TurboTax for Desktop or using Tools >> Delete a form in TurboTax Online). Run Review/SmartCheck to confirm the error has been resolved.

These steps are easier if you are using TurboTax for Desktop, as you can make edits directly in the forms and easily see what forms have errors (red exclamation marks). But it can be done in TurboTax Online.

T241

It's clearly a software issue. Ive tried every work around suggested in these chats and spent several hours with customer service. None of it worked. I decided to delete my K1s all together and am still being directed to complete the 3468 form. 

Customer service will not transfer to tech support. 

I had a very nice Turbotax expert named Vivian help resolve the problem. What we had to do was download the software version of Turbotax which allows you to edit forms which for some strange reason you cannot do with the online version. Vivian walked me through the whole process and we were able to correct the form 3468 errors and file my taxes.

wu1667wu
Returning Member

Thanks for the info. You helped! Thanks!!!

motero999
Returning Member

I am still receiving an error that the data on Form 3468 is not complete.  I am also not able to delete the form like another user suggested.  Any other ideas?

wu1667wu
Returning Member

Yes! My 3468 form was generated (we think) from code ZZ on my numerous k-1’s. Spent 5, yes 5 hours on phone with TT. They want  me to go thru all the k-1s, take out the ZZ info in box 20, then go to tax tools and delete the forms 3468. Didn’t do it yet but I’ll try tomorrow and let you know. Fingers crossed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies